So I’m in Santa Fe to attend a pre-conference session today, one entitled “The End of the Conservatory?”. Should be provocative . . . .
Lest anyone think, however, that the road warrior life is glamorous, let me just remind you that
- hotel room coffee is pretty bad everywhere
- ironing clothes at 6.15 a.m. is bore of a task
- skipping manicures is a recipe for cuticle disaster at 6.30 a.m.
- NPR is a balm, providing me a consistent, calm voice no matter what city greets my waking moments
- but traveling with a camera means that one can continually relive the lovely views and fleeting moments of tourism.
The body clock had me awake at 4.45 a.m. today. Ugh.
From the New York Times yesterday:
Obamacare is likely to get worse before it gets better. Alas.
Why can’t we seem to have an honest national debate about taking care of our health?