After a long play session Sunday evening, Auggir had finally rounded up all his toys and hidden them in his bed in front of the fireplace.
Sabbatical begins soon.
On the agenda:
- start sabbatical with Yufei in Chicago
- take my 17-year-old nephew to Toronto and Niagara Falls
- attend the NASM annual meeting in Washington, D.C., and spend two days in visiting evaluator training
- meet my new great-nephew
- spend Thanksgiving in NYC with Yufei
- visit Chicago again in December to attend several concerts
- (most likely) attend a conference in Florida in January
- travel to Thailand and Vietnam for holiday in January
- perform a cabaret show in February
- continue teaching 12-15 students weekly at home while on sabbatical
And of course, there are the other projects:
- blog entries about teaching voice
- purge: books, clothing, items, detritus
- cook lots of new and yummy recipes
- compose and set up self-publishing
- volunteer for hospice
- photography and cooking classes
Not long after my father retired, he came to visit me in Owensboro. This was nineteen years ago this week.
Over the next 18 years until his death, he only spent one other night under my roof, an omission that continues to baffle me. But that’s another story with a therapist!
We visited Louisville on a Saturday: downtown, Fort Knox, Churchill Downs.
I later wrote this card to Grandma Carter, who by then was in a nursing home.
And then the next day we went to the vet with back trouble. The solution? Baby aspirin.
I had parsley chopped, and I was so excited about eating the very easy chicken Schnitzel that I forgot to sprinkle the parsley.
The salad was dressed with a red wine and olive oil vinaigrette.
Taken whilst on a late walk with Auggie this week.
I love that their activism extends to putting up a large sign on the side of their garage that faces St. Louis University High School, a Jesuit prep school for boys.
This makes me happy!
From earlier this week: fresh garden salad of red lettuce, sweet pepper, heirloom cherry tomato, and green onion, with homemade red wine vinaigrette; homemade meat loaf from the slow cooker; new potatoes and fresh green beans with garlic pepper.