From my garden this past weekend:
One of the best articles I’ve ever heard on Morning Edition.
I’m an incredibly proud teacher this weekend.
Five of my Webster University voice students are in The Drowsy Chaperone at the Webster University Conservatory of Theatre Arts. I saw the show again Friday night, and will it again on Sunday. Tonight I sat with the parents of my senior Jacob Scott; visited with the parents of my senior Chase Thomaston; and finally met the parents of my sophomore Jacob Flekier. Caroline Adams’ parents were also in the house, although I did not get a chance to say hello.
Yesterday I posted a photo of me with Chase. Today’s photos are with the Jacob the Elder and Jacob the Younger (top photo).
And here are some production photos with my five students in them:
The Drowsy Chaperone runs this weekend at the Webster University Conservatory of Theatre Arts.
Man In Chair is played by my graduating senior voice student Chase Thomaston, who is inordinately effective, hugely entertaining, utterly believable, and ultimately deeply moving in his last WebCo role.
I’m one proud teacher.
The week has been a blur.
I’m rehearsing a show at New Line. We are in the last two weeks of performances at Webster University. I’m teaching an extra class this last eight-week term. I taught seven voice lessons yesterday. &c.
Last evening, at 9 p.m. after finishing my last lesson, Auggie and I drove to the grocer’s to find him some dog food. We were out.
And in the garden, an iris is open, and this morning I find a peony in bloom — booth of them several weeks early on any normal gardening schedule. The lilacs have bloomed and faded already, again weeks in advance.
I shan’t bemoan beauty, but I shall bemoan the changing of our climates.
Recent recipes I’ve linked on Facebook:
- Shrimp and avocado salad http://bit.ly/2b3VaQ8
- Chicken and dumplings https://www.facebook.com/recipes.household.ideas/videos/770183106468344/
- Banana ice cream four-way http://bzfd.it/2o9zMzl
- Chicken poppers four-way http://bzfd.it/2dGfMwt
- Pancake recipes https://cooking.nytimes.com/68861692-nyt-cooking/5193212-21-of-our-best-pancake-recipes
- Rainbow fruit salad with honey lime dressing http://bzfd.it/2kSe1jo
- Honey butter pork https://www.facebook.com/JumbleJoycom/videos/1163090103727686/
- Cinnamon roll apple pie http://afternoonbakingwithgrandma.com/try-amazing-cinnamon-roll-apple-pie/
- Blueberry lemon cake http://bit.ly/easyblueberrycake
- Homemade cinnamon roles http://bzfd.it/2mHH3p8
- And one I tried this weekend, pound cake http://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/million-dollar-pound-cake/