My Tuesday in NYC ended with a performance of the play Choir Boy in a detailed and affecting performance by an ensemble cast.
I cried just a bit at the end.
- Greenwich Village for tea and some Taiwanese Linzer cookies
- vegan lunch with Jacob Scott
- a stop by the Happy Socks store
- a nap
- dinner with Yufei at a brasserie
- snow, then sleet and freezing rain, then pouring rain in the evening
- soaked shoes
- a Tito’s & tonic nightcap
OLD cufflinks, actually.
I’m filling TWO hummingbird feeders this year!
I had the delight on Saturday evening to sing some British songs from the first quarter of the 20th century — this at a house party hosted by my colleague Ruth Price.
Fifteen of us gathered for bit of light entertainment and then a wonderful gourmet meal. All on a Downton Abbey them.
And a good time was had by all!
What to do with extra sourdough starter?
Make sourdough English muffins!
My first attempt was successful as making sourdough bread in the shape and style of English muffins. Less so in making the texture.
Mine are too spongy. Next time I’ll do what my instinct told me — measure by weight rather than volume.
But this was a fun and tasty experiment!