I’ve not yet posted photos of meals, so now is the time.
Kevin and I ate well on Thursday. Lunch was in Meknes, on a terrace overlooking the King’s garden. We both had the same thing:
- chicken broth with fresh cream and a delicious crouton of fried onion
- pastilla (chicken pie)
- and dessert for me of oranges with cinnamon. Kevin had a fruit salad.
Dinner at our riad in Fez was stunningly good:
- harira, the local soup (served right now as the first course of iftar after the sunset call to prayer)
- a delicious nut and honey paste that I could have eaten all night
- small loaves of khobz, the local bread
- lamb for me, and chicken for Kevin
- a bowl of fruit for dessert (the remnants of some are on Kevin’s plate)
Our view from the riad dining room: