I’m journaling this sabbatical.
That boat ride into the horseshoe of the Canadian falls certainly ranks as one of the top ten experiences of my life.
Could I name ten?
- Standing on the Great Wall of China
- The boat in the horseshoe of the Canadian Niagara Falls
- Ozawa conducting the War Requiem in Boston, with Bostridge and Quasthoff as soloists
- My first visit to the Lincoln Memorial
- Singing Herbert Howells’ music at Westminster Abbey, just feet from his grave
- Cantering Evensong at Ely Cathedral
- Seeing Les Miserables the first time
- The Parthenon in Athens, the second time I visited
- That one-and-only visit to the Three Choirs Festival
- Singing Britten’s Peter Grimes at Carnegie Hall on Britten’s 100th birthday
Are there ten more? You bet!
But that’s another blog entry.