In spite of foolishly staying up last evening into the wee hours, watching Netflix, I was wide awake at 6.30 am this morning with three pieces of music sort of simultaneously running through my head: Sibelius 2, last movement; the song “By Mendip Side” by Eric Coates; and “Get me to the church on time” from My Fair Lady.
This was a disconcerting way to wake up.
No sleep was going to return, so out of bed I rose.
And by 10 a.m. —
- Breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese and some hot sauce mixed in; bacon; and sourdough toast.
- A thorough tidying of the kitchen.
- Downstairs floors swept.
- Piano bench legs tightened.
- Dog walked.
- Recycling in the bin in the alley.
- Front windows cleaned of the remnants of Auggie’s wet nose.
- New York Times read.
- Two loads of laundry done.
- Three more blog entries loaded for next week.
- The case of split bottles of bubbly from Mawby stored in the basement.
- Thank-you gifts prepared for a meeting tomorrow.
- Showered and ready for voice lessons to commence at 11.
Not a bad morning!