So I’m in Santa Fe to attend a pre-conference session today, one entitled “The End of the Conservatory?”. Should be provocative . . . .
Lest anyone think, however, that the road warrior life is glamorous, let me just remind you that
- hotel room coffee is pretty bad everywhere
- ironing clothes at 6.15 a.m. is bore of a task
- skipping manicures is a recipe for cuticle disaster at 6.30 a.m.
- NPR is a balm, providing me a consistent, calm voice no matter what city greets my waking moments
- but traveling with a camera means that one can continually relive the lovely views and fleeting moments of tourism.
The body clock had me awake at 4.45 a.m. today. Ugh.