I returned from Soulard Market this morning totally and completely allergized. Something is in the air…..
But today’s haul =
- a pound of new fingerling potatoes
- five ears of corn
- a bushel of peaches to be frozen (seconds that need to be worked up quickly)
- ten pounds of pickling cucumbers for a second batch of lime pickles
- some lychee fruit
- lemons and limes
- three hostas for the garden next to the front porch
- a pound of ground pork
- a pint of yellow cherry tomatoes (SO GOOD!) from my favorite vendor
- a loaf of sourdough bread
And a ham and Swiss quiche that I have devoured for lunch.